Monday, July 12, 2010

FORÇA!!!

Green Point Stadium: it rained most of the game, but only the players got wet during the game.

Our seats were pretty high up, but right at mid field.

My first Bud Heavy in two years and it is at the game in Cape Town?!?!?! Seriously? I will admit, it tasted pretty good. The lady at the concession stand would not give me the bottle cap (plastic) for my beer or my water. People must throw them into the field? Weird.
The beginning of the North Korea scramble. When the game started, we all thought it was going to be a normal game. Zero to one, maybe two to one, if we were lucky.

Portugal won 7 - 0!!!! Força!!! After the first half, I would have told you that Cristiano Ronaldo was a lazy, not as attractive as everyone thinks he is player, BUT after rolling the ball off the back of his neck and scoring, I re-evaluated the situation and have determined he is definitely still on the list of my top ten favorite footballers.

The earplugs were for the Vuvuzelas which are not nearly as annoying as they sound on tv. By the end of the week, I was pretty fond of the South African tradition.

No comments: