Monday, July 12, 2010

CAPE TOWN

After the worst bus ride of my life (after living here, that is saying A LOT), we (Courtney, Colin, and I) met our guardian angel, Gloria. Our bus ride from Maputo to Johannesburg was so cold that I could not feel my fingers or my toes or my arms or my legs. As soon as I got my bag, I put on every single piece of clothing I had with me, but was still miserable. Gloria, our angel, saw the three of us huddled in a corner and invited us into to her space heater heated office and made us a cup of tea. If you are ever in the bus station, in one of the roughest areas in Johannesburg, look for Gloria in the tourist information booth. She is truly one of the kindest people I have ever met.

After hanging out with Gloria for about 8 hours we boarded the Shosholoza Meyl train and left for Cape Town. During the 27 hour long train ride we saw everything from mountains, to what Court and Colin swear looks just like eastern California, to vineyards. Needless to say, South Africa is beautiful.

The DEVELOPED WORLD!!!! Looking at Table Mountain and the interesting cloud formation which the Green Point Stadium was modeled after.

The Fan Walk on a normal day. On game day, the street is blocked off and filled with thousands of crazy fans making their way towards the stadium.

The Waterfront where the big tourist trap mall is located. We went to a movie (SATC 2), ate Subway, and window shopped.





No comments: